I am an American-Israeli musician and educator. I offer Hebrew classes and tutorials, and sing in English, Hebrew and Yiddish. Having been a student and now an experienced teacher, over 30 years in Music for babies to seniors and Hebrew since 2002, I think I finally know what I'm doing!
I initially learned Hebrew as a youth at a local synagogue where I mostly learned to read and write. I became fluent in modern spoken Hebrew during my years living in Israel (1976-1998). Obviously one learns quicker when immersed.
I enjoy sharing my knowledge with my students. Because of the essence and basic nature of the language I never tire of learning or teaching Hebrew.
- View my Public Profile on Linked In including endorsements.
“Rahel was employed by Congregation Betenu Religious School, Amherst NH, from 2000-2012 as a teacher of Hebrew language, liturgy, and music. She was the lead Hebrew teacher for pre-Bar Mitzvah students, taught conversational Hebrew to post-Bar Mitzvah students, and provided pre-school sessions and both beginner and advanced adult Hebrew education. At every Religious School session, Rahel also led the entire school in a one-hour musical service, where she maintained the students’ interest and enthusiasm and managed the class very well. When I retired as Principal of the religious school in 2008, Rahel was my successor. In this role, Rahel continued to provide a high-quality educational experience for the religious school students.” Top qualities: Great Results, Expert, Creative - Pamela B., hired Rahel as a Jewish Educator in 2002
- "I had the pleasure of working with Rahel Limor for four years. Rahel was the principal at Congregation Betenu's religious school and I was one of the teachers.Rahel was always available for the staff and for the students. She was always happy to greet and meet with the parents keeping them updated and current with their children's activities and progress. For two years Rahel and I worked together producing and co-hosting a local radio show about Israel. On both occasions Rahel displayed tremendous responsibility; she was always ready with the material and showed great initiative. - Sonia Campeanu M.Ed
- "Rahel is a unique individual; remarkable in the breadth of her talents. I have known her for about eight years. In 2003 she was presented with the Shem Tov (Good Name) Award in recognition of her dedication and commitment in strengthening the New Hampshire Jewish Community. Rahel can work with all age groups. I was her student in some of her adult education classes, watched her interact with the Sunday school children in groups or one-on-one as a Bnei Mitzvah tutor or Principal, and as her friend have seen her work with the elderly. She is immensely respectful of all people and aids them in their learning or life tasks. She guides the children when they are having difficulties and empowers them to make better choices in their behavior, facilitating better learning and life skills. Her degree in Early Childhood Education is apparent here and when running a Family Shabbat or PJ Havdallah. She keeps children of different ages engaged, interested and excited about the learning process. Rahel is a professional musician. For many years she has been Cantorial Soloist at High Holydays, songleader for many Kabbalat Shabbat and holyday services including seders, performed at celebrations such as Bnei Mitzvah, and put on her own “Tikkun” musical meditation program. She was instrumental in helping Betenu produce two CDs, “Shabbat at Betenu” and “A Betenu Shabbat”. These CDs assist people in learning music and prayers; she recorded for both of these (almost exclusively for the second CD); participated in the decision of what should be included in the second CD; researched music rights; and collaborated with the sound technician to get the proper quality."- Elissa K., Assistant Teasurer , Congregation Betenu
- "Rahel Limor is a creative, enthusiastic professional with diverse talents. She worked at Congregation Betenu in Amherst, NH for 12 years in many capacities. Rahel taught all levels at our Synagogue; most recently, she held the position of Principal until June 2012. In this position, she supervised our staff of teachers, scheduling and coordinating small classes of students from Grades K- 7. Rahel had continuous involvement and gave direction to the teachers, designing individualized programs for students, attending to their specific educational and emotional needs when necessary. Rahel interacted with parents and the Education Committee on a regular basis. She communicated frequently with families and was heavily involved in the students weekly learning and progress. She participated in several conferences throughout the year to gain information and inspiration for curriculum and her teaching. Her musical talents and contributions to our school were numerous. She added musical dimension and reflection to our religious school's weekly children's service on Sundays. Rahel delivered quality Jewish education to our students".- Sheryl L.,Vice President of Education, Congregation Betenu
- "After two years of working together, it is my pleasure to recommend Rahel for any/all potential future endeavors. As Rahel's radio producer for her weekly program on 1590AM WSMN (Israel is Real), Rahel consistently showed an unwavering commitment and tireless dedication to providing an inspirational, nformative and sometimes entertaining radio show on the culture and history of Israel. From enlightening guest segments with various authors, speakers and experts to musicians and performers representing the country of Israel in every facet imaginable to interested listeners, Rahel effectively presented, hosted and organized the show with every bit of attention to detail. She also accomplished this weekly coup in addition to working an outside part-time job and performing local shows as a musician. herefore, the decision to recommend Rahel is an easy one and someone who would be a devout asset to any organization." - George Papoulias, Producer WSMN